Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Virtue of Stash

I wear turtlenecks.  A lot.  Some sartorial decisions are set in one's teens, I guess.  I've been told I should not wear turtlenecks (thanks, Cynthia Guffey!) because I don't have a swan-like neck, but I ignore advice and continue to wear them.  Usually I buy RTW, but lately I am reluctant to spent over $50 on a basic black turtleneck shirt.  So I went stash diving and made myself not only a black, but a red turtleneck and have plans for a couple in white.  No pictures, of course, how boring is a basic turtleneck shirt?  But really all this is for a reason.  I am ducking hemming my son's white jacket.  Well, my old cat is sequestered in the sewing room and she wants up in my lap so of course her needs come first....

3 comments:

Lyndle said...

Your post made me laugh. There's nothing like having a warm neck, swan like or otherwise. And procrastination is kind of enjoyable, too.

Coco said...

Good for you! I think it's wonderful to have favorites in many colors. Reduces anxiety :-)

Sandra said...

Enjoyed your post. Know what's *less* flattering than wearing a turtleneck? The expression on my face when I am cold, just cold through and through. I pretty much live in turtlenecks from October to May. (And then, of course, layers over the t-neck.) That's life in western NY, where the "feels like" temp will go down to minus 30 tonite. If you have a minute, would you please let me know what pattern you used and any tips? Thanks!