Saturday, December 29, 2007

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, New Year's Resolutions?


I've been browsing other blogs and find that lots of people are making sewing related resolutions for 2008. The thought had never entered my mind and now I have to rethink! It goes without saying (almost) that my sewing room needs work. I am fairly well organized but the problem is that Harold still thinks of it as HIS playroom. The nerve! Just because he was there first! So I have to work around all his little "trinkets" (my stuff is far from "trinkets", of course). One thing I have undertaken is to be ruthless with my dresses from ballroom dancing days. I have an enormous closet in the room (unfortunately also partly filled with his stuff)and it has a lot of room stuffed with voluminous dresses that I will never wear again. I loaded up an entire carload and took it to the local charity shop in time for someone to get a treasure for New Year's Eve. But there are still some that are so pretty that I can't bear to part with them, even though I know I will never again be a size 8 (probably) or have an occasion to wear them. A couple I have cut up for the trims and the fabrics. But regardless of how ruthless I think I am, the stash still ends up piled on chairs, sofa, tables, etc. etc....I think my New Year's resolution must become: buy less fabric, sew more often! The red fabric on the right is some slinky I bought to make a Christmas outfit...or failing that, New Year's Eve...maybe Valentine's Day?

No comments: