Thursday, February 14, 2008

Flowers for Valentine's Day


Every holiday lately has been a mixture of sunshine and shadow. I can't help wondering whether it is the last I will share with Harold. These flowers are typical of the day. They are absolutely gorgeous and over the top. But as I put them in their vases I could not help but wonder if they are the last I will ever receive from him...

Later on today I went down to the sewing room. After all the work on the fleece jacket I wanted a quick and easy project, so I've started on a pair of my TNT elastic waist pull on pants. I'm using some baby wale corduroy from my stash. I need to think more SWAP (sewing with a plan) because these are in dark brown, a color I hardly ever wear. They certainly will not go with the grey fleece jacket! But I like these easy wearing pants and I am determined to sew from the stash. Budget is very much on my mind these days. I've had to dip into my "never touch" savings account to help out until that darned house on Fawn Lane sells. So at least I got a little accomplished today. I've really been laying low due to the situation between Harold and the budget...

No comments: