Friday, July 3, 2009

Vogue 8495


This is my latest creation since I finally got back into sewing mode. It's a wearable muslin that I forgot to take a picture of before I went out to dinner with my girlfriends, so it is pretty wrinkled. I wanted to post it now because I will never do it later. I really don't like the blouse so I'm glad I made it out of cheap JoAnne's fabric. I am looking for a quick and easy fitting summer blouse pattern but this looks like a maternity top to me. My girlfriends assured me it's all the rage for styling, but meh. In good news, though, it's occured to me that 8 months after Harold's death I'm finally settling into a good lifestyle for me. It may be just the summer but I'm going to the indoor pool two-three times a week, taking a line dance class, eating out with a girlfriend or two once a week, and playing cards on Fridays. This fills up my days pretty productively, I think. Nancy S. and I also have joined a new real estate company. I don't plan to do much more than keep up with my local market, but it's an enduring interest. Oh, and of course, I'm renovating the house to put in on the market next year. No wonder I haven't gotten to my taxes yet....

1 comment:

a little sewing said...

Well, I have to join your girfriends on this one. You really do look nice in that top. But I understand if it doesn't feel good, maybe it's just not for you.
Good to see you online; you are looking well.