Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shannon's Blog


I've been reading Shannon's blog (http://hungryzombiecouture.blogspot.com/) and musing over nail polish. I've always been fortunate enough to have "good" hair and "good" nails--I know this from moans from friends not similarly blessed. But, ironically, I've never taken advantage of these blessings. I keep my hair short, wash and walk away. No blow drying, curlers, hot irons, etc. I keep my nails filed and walk away. But Shannon's nails are so pretty she is inspiring me to try a little color. Now if she would again inspire me to get down to my sewing room...I should be at my line dancing class right now, but for the last two days have been hanging around the house and reading. I can't decide if I'm harbouring some kind of germ or I'm just being lazy...but I'm taking no chances, lol. I am making an online committment right here, though, to get to the sewing room and do something about fixing whatever's not right about that machine. So, I've decided that reading other people's blogs is not only entertaining and motivating, but it's keeping me current with the younger generation.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You are so kind to say such wonderful things!

I'm with you on the short, easy care hair - I cannot be bothered to put a lot of effort into my hair. Call me lazy, but that's the way it is.

As for my nails, I mostly ignored them until about 6 months ago and then I decided that having pretty nails made me happy, so that small investment of time was worth it. Plus, it amuses my students that I always have crazy coloured nails. They also love to come and show me their nails when they do them. So, I get inspiration from the next generation as well.

Thank you again for your kind words.