Friday, January 8, 2010

Kwik Sew 3740

I haven't figured out how to make my camera take delayed images so that I can stop holding the camera up to my face...maybe that's not such a bad thing, lol. Anyway, here's my latest effort. Although I took my time sewing this, and I like the fabric, I am not happy with this top. Even though I tacked down the collar, it wants to ride up and expose the seam attaching the collar to the body of the blouse. No one mentioned this in the reviews I read about this pattern, so I think it must be the fabric, which is a very slippery knit. I may end up completely removing the collar and resewing it after I've worn it a time or two. That won't be soon, because Georgia is experiencing a little ice age at the moment.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Towanda said...

I like how the top looks on you. What do you think about attaching a weight to the front seam? I would sew a penny inside a piece of scrap fabric and then hand sew it to the front seam.