Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More fabric, please


Yes, I was so excited to finally get a blouse that fit, that I am once again happy about sewing.  I've finally decided that the "Hearts A Flutter" blouse is just not going to do it for me, so on the advice of some sewers over at Stitcher's Guild I purchased the Loes Hines' tunic.  Fit right out of the envelope---a true miracle! 
So I bought two new lengths of material (neither one for another blouse of course, but just because I was happy).  Both are from Fabric Mart.  The grey stripe is a cashmere/wool blend from Ralph Lauren and at $20/yard it was too good a bargain to pass up. The second fabric is an ice blue velour for a warm up suit come winter.  If I hadn't visited Fabric Mart during the PR weekend in Philadelphia, I would never have given Fabric Mart a second glance, even though Carolyn ( http://sewingfantaticdiary.blogspot.com/) is always talking about their fabulous deals.  After all, Fabric.com is in my own hometown.  But now I'm hooked on Fabric Mart.  At least I'm back to being happy while sewing!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I am glad your Loes Hines tunic turned out well. Her pants pattern with the zipper front and partial elastic waist is a big winner for a lot of ladies in the local ASG group. I enjoyed the trip to Fabric Mart. I was thinking about making a purchase from them myself earlier today.