Friday, March 18, 2011

Still here

I'm still here, but without a photo...the purple dress arrived at DGD's but I have no photo yet.  I don't know if that's because she doesn't like, or wear, the dress, or they just haven't had a chance for a photo.  Meanwhile I'm struggling with a muslin for a sheath fitting class I'm taking this coming Tuesday.  Although I thought I was short-waisted, the muslin for the bodice (which I've cut out twice so far) remains elusively a couple of inches above my waist.  So on to recut a third time and overcompensate for length.  It will be interesting to bring the muslin to this class, for which I paid $150, because by the time I arrive I think the pattern will fit me as well as any I've made.  I wonder what the teacher will find wrong.  That's why you pay the experts!  With the possibility of 3 or 4 dances this weekend, and dancing friends that don't sew, I hope I have the energy to finish the muslin at all.  The class runs from 9:30 am on Tuesday to about 4 pm (with a second class the following Tuesday).  Meanwhile also on Tuesday I meet friends for dinner at 5:30 and on to the Fox Theatre for "Burn The Floor"!  Then Thursday I leave for the beach, returning Monday night and off to the second muslin class the next morning.  No wonder I have no time for sewing....

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I tried making a dress using this pattern and had all kinds of fitting issues. I am always amazed by the skills of the intructors of fitting classes. Have fun at your class.