Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More Tennis

 

This is a tennis warm up suit I just finished tonight. The wavy hem was unintentional, but I like it. To finish the bottom edge of the top I applied a single fold bias trim, stitching very carefully. But the fabric is a kind of knitted fleece and stretched, regardless of how hard I tried not to. In the end I just went with the flow and ended up with a casual flounce around the hem. I really like this fabric, which I got from Fabric Mart on sale. It's almost a sweater knit (in fact I guess it IS a sweater knit). This will be comfortable on the courts on a day like today, which was overcast and about 60 degrees with a light wind. Not really cold, but not really warm either. We've been having a lot of days like that this winter. Plus, I like to wear this style around the house and even have been known to sleep in them. Double duty clothes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: