Sunday, March 25, 2012

Full Skirts



























Lately I've been enamoured of the full, circle skirt. As you can see from the photo below of me in my tennis skirt, I don't exactly have a wasp waist, and I also have---what would you call it---a "matronly" bust? So the pictures are very cute on the pattern envelopes, but in person (on my person) these full skirted dresses may look a little ludicruous. However, I'm going to try one or two. I can't seem to find a picture of the pattern I'm working on---an older McCall's. It has princess seams to mitigate the waist issue, and a full, but not ridiculous, skirt. If that works out I'll try to ease into the circle skirt idea. Also, isn't the dress in the little picture on the right just perfect for a border print? On someone with a real waist, that is.

1 comment:

Judith said...

My years of full-skirt wearing are long gone, sadly, but I still have held onto a few of my patterns for the day that I too will sew them up again. With the right fabric they do flow beautifully...