Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Sure Fit Bodice, Final for Six Pack?
I've finished another blouse from my Sure Fit Design bodice blueprint. The material is a cotton sateen from Fabric Mart. I've fallen in love with fuchsia, it appears. I have yet to make a dress from this pattern system, because I stopped when I got frustrated trying to make the darts line up. The skirt and the bodice together make up the dress, of course. I'll tackle that again soon, because this is definitely a good fit for me. I think I'll drop the bust points just a tad. I'm making a pair of shorts with the remainder of the same fabric, as I'm already thinking of the next 6-pack. I'm going to call it "Surface of the Sun" because I'll use the clothes on my trip to Disney World in June. All cottons, silks, or linen. I'm going to try a different neckline treatment on this bodice for the next blouse. Maybe I'll even read the directions from Glenda's book before I plunge into the project. Or maybe not.