Friday, April 20, 2012

Green dance dress

I'm almost finished with a cotton dress to wear to casual dances. The fabric is some I bought at Mary Jo's cloth shop on my recent trip to Maryland. I interlined it with fusible knit to give it some heft, and added 7 godets. My BF thinks I need more godets to make it swirl! I may do that with the next version. From Carolyn I learned the beauty of a tried and true dress pattern. She is so inspiring in the way she slices and dices her basic pattern so that you would never know it's the same dress. (Which, of course, it isn't.) I haven't progressed so far, but made up in different materials I think it's hard for the average person to guess it's the same pattern. All I have to do now is finish the lining and hem. The dance is tomorrow night!

No comments: