Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wadder


 I know McCall's and Butterick patterns do not fit me across the chest.  I know I have a narrow upper chest and a D cup.  Why do I continue to try to make these patterns fit?  Because they are so cute, that's why.  Also because I keep thinking (erroneously) that I can modify them.  No.  That way leads to a boatload of Haggan-Daz Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream.  Better that I start with my SureFit Designs bodice that I know  fits well and modify that one to look like the pattern.  Well, sort of, anyway.  The bodice is not a princess seamed one.  But I have drafted a dress length version and plan to add many godets.
  Right now the neckline isn't where I want it for the dressier version either, so there's more work to be done.  Meanwhile I've been watching "The Borgias" while sewing.  It's magnificent...I ordered it from Amazon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jane M said...

I feel your pain since you're describing part of my major pattern alterations. But I love that dress silouette so it will be worth your pattern design efforts.