Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers, and children, out there. In Atlanta today the weather is miserable, raining hard. So I suppose a lot of Mother's Day church/breakfast/visits are being carried out in rainwear and umbrellas! My only child lives several hundred miles away so I won't be seeing him, but I'm sure he'll call and we'll have a nice long chat. I may visit him some time this month in Boston as a treat to myself, and for sure I'll see them all next month when we go to Disney. ................................................................................................................................ As for sewing, I've made a pink dress which I hope to get pictures of tomorrow as I plan to wear it to my Sewing Guild meeting tomorrow night. I hope the weather improves as it is a sleeveless cotton dress. I'm closing in on the perfect dress and fit for the wedding guest dress. I have one more piece of fabric for a third interpretation before cutting into the final fabric. I've progressed through two dresses (green, pink) in order of fabric "favorites" and the third fabric, a black/pink/white print, is a good choice if I don't get to the white/pink/red print of the wedding guest dress. In other words, my backup plan! In the meantime I'm working on a pair of white stretch cotton burmuda shorts for Orlando. ................................................................................................................................. The Artisan's Square group that I post on is involved in a discussion of sewing for one's lifestyle. I recently mentioned that as I'm retired, I could live in pyjamas if I wanted to, but the group keeps me focused and thinking about how I dress. Sewing is a hobby that does that for me. I'm aware of how I dress, and that makes me aware of how I present myself to the world (admittedly my "world" is much smaller these days, but still...). This in turn makes me aware of how my body looks (not so good recently) and leads to a better diet, which in turn leads to better health. All in all, sewing means a lot more to me than just new outfits. ............................................................................................................................... And a question. The new Blogger format does not seem to allow for paragraphs? What's up with that? I love paragraphs. That's my version, up there: the dots.....................

1 comment:

jane said...

Hi, where is there a sewing guild in Atlanta? I'm a Roswell sewist and would love to find out more.
Jane.soule@charter.net