Sunday, July 1, 2012

I finished this white poet blouse the other day. I think it will be cool and breezy for a Fourth of July party we're invited to this coming Wednesday. This blouse is essentially the same pattern as the sailor blue blouse I posted a few days ago, only then I used a very small ruffle. It was a simple project, but I brought in the side seams for a closer fit. The only issue I had was the ruffle. I wanted it larger than the blue blouse, but not as big as the pattern showed, so I sewed it about half size. I simply measured the original pattern and, using my ruler, drew dots at 7" from the neckline all around the curve of the original ruffle. That's approximately 5" smaller than the original. I enlarged the diameter of the sleeves and added cuffs for the "poet" look. I'd post a picture of the original Simplicity pattern but it doesn't seem to be on their website...which, by the way, is awful. Imagine having to do an "advance search" to get to see the blouses. But maybe I'm just grumpy today. I had to delete those very good friends from my email account and put their names through a filter so I do not receive any emails from them. They have, in my opinion, done something to me that means I won't be speaking, emailing, or seeing them again. And that makes me sad. I value my friends very much. But negativity has no place in my life, so I move on. Feelin' sad...

No comments: