Thursday, October 4, 2012

OOP...Out of Style?

So, I was looking for an internet picture of the New Look jacket that I'm making, and it's apparently out of print.  I would swear that pattern is not that old.  Simplicity's website has a jacket pattern that's very similar but those clever folks won't give you the properties so I can't paste it.  Anyway, I'm delighted to say that the pattern fit right out of the envelope, and I can't begin to to tell you why.  New Look (apparently) and Kwik Sew fit, but Simplicity and Butterick are hopeless.  The jacket itself is a simple princess style with a collar.  I added a zip front and pockets because I'm making it for tennis.  Pictures later, it still has to be lined and hemmed, but I'm pretty happy with it.  The fabric is a very soft corduroy that I picked up at Hancock's--it has little Scotty dogs on it---and I'm going to try to upcycle an old pantsuit for a tennis skirt to make a complete outfit.  I just noticed that my pyjamas also have Scotty dogs.  I am not necessarily a fan of Scotties in person (although I love ALL dogs, of course, and am sure they go to Heaven).  On fabric I guess it's a different story.  So, off to tennis this morning and if I'm up for it, there's dance practice tonight.  But also Project Runway.  Such a social life!

No comments: