Friday, November 23, 2012

Everything's coming up roses

Yes, it's another edition of  the McCall's tee/Gorgeous Gore skirt, also with fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics.  The skirt is finished except for the hem, and I plan to wear it tomorrow night so hopefully some pictures soon.   I really do love that sort of fabric:  it's a knit but see the holographic sequins?  I've found that Spandex World has some, too.   But I promise it's the last dance outfit for awhile, anyway.  I'm about to move onto pants...the Elle pant from StyleArc, to be precise.  I made it a few weeks ago in a very stretchy jersey, and they seem to fit like Yoga pants.  This time I've got some slightly strechy mystery fabric that's been around my stash for a few years.  If they turn out okay, they will go with a sweater I purchased in thrift store recently in the same colorway...it had faux fur collar and cuffs, which I find I can't resist.  And one tiny moth hole, easily mended.  What's with people who give away perfectly good clothes because they can't be bothered to pick up a needle and thread?  That repair took me three stitches and five minutes (two to thread the needle).  Meanwhile, I'm obsessed with some faux fur from Fabric.com: 
I'd love to make my own collar, or one or two for gifts.  I know I saw instructions on the web somewhere....any ideas?  But don't expect to see a lot of fur items here, as I'm also pretty skittish about sewing on faux fur.  I understand it's kind of a nightmare to clean up and also I'm a little unsure about lining a collar or wrap.  However, if I'm not mistaken this fur is on sale at Fabric.com for a little under $18/yard and I swear I saw it there last week for $39/yard.  For Fabric.com that's quite a deal.

No comments: