Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Dance Dress

We went to a lovely Christmas Dance this evening and I wore the red velvet dress I made.  The pictures I took don't show the flower very well.  I'm always in a hurry to take pictures, because of course we're always running a little late.  The best thing about these dances (besides the music and of course, dancing) is that lately we've become friends with so many people.  This is no doubt because of the cruise we took with many of them, but also I saw quite a few other people that I know.  If you keep going over and over to the same place, eventually you get to know these people and you have someone to sit with and talk to during the breaks.  I really enjoy going.  We did not get to last night's dance, and it was a real bear of a reason.  I got stopped by the cops!  My car was towed to an impound lot and I didn't get it back until today!  This was all due to a mixup with my driver's insurance, which sure enough had lapsed.  I plan to have a serious talk with my agent next week after the holiday. I pay my bills online and my bank sends the money.  I knew that somewhere I was wrong in my regularly scheduled payments.  So last month I called the secretary, who told me to send in X number of dollars and I would be covered until June 2013.  I dutifully sent the money.  But it was the wrong amount so Allstate tells me (last night after all this happened) they were sending the check back.  Well, nobody called me to tell me that before I called them to find out what happened!  I was under the impression that everything was just fine, especially since the money had been taken out of my account.  But no.  To say I was angry is an understatement.  I've been with Allstate more than 20 years and never missed a payment before.  I think I was owed a phone call at least.  I know it's my word against the secretary's, but I think she was looking at the wrong policy or something.  Who knows, but it put a serious dent in my social life last night.  However, I got my car back this morning, Allstate is happy and I had a great dance tonight, so all is well for the holidays!

5 comments:

BeaJay said...

Stunning dress. Shame about missing last nights dance. What a horrible mix up. At least you looked lovely in tonight's velvet dress.

Judith said...

Just what you need at this time of year! At least you were all set for tonight's dance - hope you had an extra couple of dances to make up for last nights missed ones.
Dress looks very festive on you - just right for dancing...J

RhondaBuss said...

Lovely!

BJ in TX said...

You look beautiful! (And I'd look around for other insurance - that is so wrong on many levels!)

KC said...

I've enjoyed following your progress on the beautiful velvet dress. I'm so glad it all worked out and you had a good time in it. As for the insurance problem, what a nightmare! Enjoy the holidays!