Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I want to jump in...

Now, I am well aware that I don't have the fabulous figure that Tilly has, but she has joined Winnie's "frock fest" with New Look pattern # 6000.  You can see many versions of this dress on Winnie's site, but I loooove Tilly's version because she widened the skirt so it is no longer a pencil skirt.  Plus she styled it fabulously!  Red tights!  Fabric flower!  (Maybe I'm beginning to like fabric flowers a little more.)  Polka dot fabric, and without bling!  Can it be that I'm beginning to veer away from fabric from Spandex World?   Anyway, the more I'm looking at this pattern the more I believe I can mock it up from the "Peter Pan Plaid" of my last post.  Instead of making a two piece, I can just make it one piece. shorten the sleeves, add those cute cuffs.  And find some polka dot fabric.  I think I'll leave off the red tights, though.  Sometimes I DO have to act my age...

1 comment:

Judith said...

Give it a go - I am sure you will look stunning in this dress. Can't wait to see your version...J