Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Trying Again

I used the light blue wool I bought from Expo to make another pair of the Style Arc Willow pants that I made a few weeks ago (blogged here) that were too big.  This time I was a little too enthusiastic about shaving down the pattern (plus I've gained 4 pounds!) and they were too tight!  A little reconstruction will be in order for those too.  Sooner or later I'll get these right, because I love the fit everywhere except around my full abdomen.  So that was kind of a win/fail situation because I wore them last night to my sewing guild meeting (concealing the tight tummy under my Sewing Workshop E-shrug.)  This meeting was all about what one found at Sewing Expo and everyone was properly admiring about how fast I made up my purchase, and also the fit of the pants (successfully concealed top part.)  No pictures, though.  It was raining and I just wanted to get into my pj's.

No comments: