Wednesday, April 10, 2013

So it's tennis season again...

And I'm tweaking the pattern for tennis skirts/shorts.  I was in a Sports Authority today for some wristbands and grip tape, so I perused the apparel selection.  $68 for a tennis skirt that takes half a yard of fabric.  Thank goodness I sew.  I'm actually using the old TNT Style Arc "Gorgeous Gore" skirt pattern for this one, but I'm still working on the undershorts.  I have plenty of the plain lycra (thanks, Spandex House in NYC) for a tee shirt and tons of the print, too.  How to embellish the tee?  Guess that will have to wait until this weekend.  And like sewers all over the world, I've been watching the "Great British Sewing Bee".  Here's a YouTube link to Episode 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5trYhyBMuI

1 comment:

BeaJay said...

Loving the look of that fabric. A great tennis skirt.