Sunday, June 9, 2013

Can I call this my own design?

I used my blueprint bodice from SureFit designs, a vintage Simplicity for the collar, a different vintage Simplicity for the sleeves, a Butterick pattern for the cuffs, and drafted a curved bottom hem.  I also hand rolled all the hems.  It's a cute cotton voile from Gorgeous Fabrics to go with the grey pants (fabric for the pants also from GF).  I'll try to get a picture when I'm wearing them together, probably Friday when I go out to lunch with some sewing
friends and want to show the outfit off!


5 comments:

BeaJay said...

Great top. I think it is what is called a Frankinpattern. Designed by you. Love it. Great fabric.

Beverly said...

Whatever you call it, I like it a lot! Such pretty fabric too.

pdiddly said...

very pretty top, its nice to combine patterns. Love your cards at the bottom of the page.

Sarah Liz said...

Hi Carole, it is a very pretty blouse - looking forward to seeing a picture of you in it.

Gorgeous Things said...

LOVE that fabric! Can't wait to see it on you.