Friday, June 14, 2013

When I drop salsa

On my new blouse at lunch today, it probably won't show.  It's a little frilly for my age, but hey I live in the South.  And it's toned down by my somber banker's grey Style Arc Linda pants.

And beyond that, I've been sewing home dec.  No way!  The windows in this bedroom have not been covered in the twelve years I've lived here.  I figure someone would have to really be a pervert, and eight feet tall, to sneak through the woods, over the creek, and tiptoe up to this window.  And then see me.  What a disappointment.  But now I'm having several guests, so I sewed up some curtains.
The best part is the fabric came from my Sewing Guild's fabric swap and not only was the right color, it was $1 per yard.  Four yards of a silky faille-like mystery fabric from the stash gone.

6 comments:

pdiddly said...

nice curtains hope your guest appreciate the effort - like the blouse too (not too frilly)

MarcyF said...

You look lovely Carole! more power to you for sewing home dec. I do not enjoy that kind of sewing much, but I do need to bite the bullet to make some new throw pillow covers for the couches. Ick.

Judith said...

The blouse looks great - sometimes we need a little 'frilling up' and this blouse does it nicely.
I also have just made some curtains with the same tops as yours (must blog a picci.) Did you use the ready made tape that came with the rings in it????

BeaJay said...

Great top - looks fab.

Miasews said...

Judith, I didn't even know there was ready made tape. Too late now, but the rings were from Dritz and really easy to install.

RhondaBuss said...

Cute top and what a score on the curtain fabric. I recently bought new fabric to make new curtains, duvet and dust ruffle for my bedroom. I'll be happy once I get it finished, but there are so many other things I would rather do :)