Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Going Dolly Clackett again

I can't help myself...I look forward to Roisen's posts as if she were a close relative.  She's always so funny, so cheerful...and her clothes!  If only I were in my 20's again.  But come to think of it, I don't care.  I'm going to wear those dresses anyway.  So here's my latest order from fabric.com:


and I'm ready to make another Dolly Clackett dress.
 
I've been playing tennis three times a week in 90 degree weather and don't have the energy left to do much sewing.  I come home, hop into a cool shower, and read.  This is what I just finished, and I highly recommend it:
 
 
 
 
From Amazon:  In this rare insider’s view into contemporary North Korea, a high-ranking counterintelligence agent describes his life as a former poet laureate to Kim Jong-il and his breathtaking escape to freedom.
 
Since I was a teenager and read everything by Pearl S. Buck, I've been interested in China.  Finally, during my graduate studies, I was able to spend some time there.  However, when I went back again the amazing economic revival there disappointed me:  much of the charm is gone now.  So I have transferred my interest to North Korea.  But of course I have absolutely no interest in going there.  If you read this book, you won't, either!
eta:  My fabric.com order arrived yesterday, talk about quick customer service (of course they are headquartered about 10 miles from me).  And I noticed a sticker:  "Jackpot!  You got the rest of the bolt!"  So now maybe I have enough for a tennis skirt!

No comments: