Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Boring Sewing but fun plans

Since I returned from my successful, and fun, sewing retreat I have been doing a little sewing...very little, and boring at that.  At the retreat I made one complete outfit consisting of a swing cardigan, a turtleneck top, and a pair of pants.  After I came home I finished a pair of black pants that I had started there, and now have some repairs for Henry's work pants and stuff like that.  However, since Gorgeous Fabrics had a sale yesterday I broke my fabric fast and have some neat stuff planned.  I really indulged in the sale because I needed silk organza for a first run at my mother-of-the-groom outfit I will need next year, but more on that later.  Browsing, my eye was caught by this laser cut scuba knit:


I've been wanting to try out scuba knit, which I understand is a little heavier than ponte.  At the time I ordered it I had no idea what to make with it and only ordered one yard.  I supposed I would use it in an underlined bodice front.  Since there will be no possibility of matching it I will have to color block.  Today, browsing blogs, I found a reference to Vogue 9026:



But until the fabric comes in, I have plenty of time to plan.

No comments: