Sunday, July 29, 2007

No Pictures


We had a fun weekend with our friends David and Glenna, who live in Maggie Valley. This is a magic spot in the Smokey Mountains and the weather was perfect. Mid 70's and cool breezes, with scattered rainshowers. Glenna intended for me to visit the international festival held in downtown Waynesville, but I had other plans. I've never visited Waechters' Silk Shop in Asheville and have heard so much about it on the sewing blogs I haunt. It was everything they promoted. A small shop, but luxury fabrics. I bought a silk tweed by Anne Klein, the most expensive fabric I've ever purchased, and a couple of yards of tencel/cotton blend which I have heard is so wonderful (and it feels that way). When I brought the fabric home I am again embarressed by how much fabric I have. However, when the flip house is finished I'm going to plunge into making these fabrics into clothes!

And the "no pictures" part? Of course I brought the camera along. It stayed in my bag....but when I got home, I had to publish the picture of the fabric I bought!

No comments: