Sunday, December 16, 2007

Party!


After months of no rain, the worst drought in Georgia's history, it poured rain yesterday and the temperature plumented. I was convinced no one would show up for our annual Christmas party---but it was a resounding success! I don't cook and don't like to cook, so no one expected a lot of good food. Were they surprised! Our local Publix supermarket carries wonderful food. I had ham, potato salad, regular salad, rolls, and, thanks to Publix, sweet potato souffle, corn casserole, and broccoli and cheese casserole. People went back two and three times for more. That's what happens when you under promise and over perform. Almost everyone braved the rain and the long drive (what you expect when you live in this area). They all swear they had a wonderful time catching up with old friends and meeting new. To me that's what the holidays are all about. Went to church with Harold this morning and heard a great sermon. The minister teared up when I told him it was the best I'd ever heard. Then out to breakfast. Now, at about 4:30 in the afternoon, I'm already in pajamas and robe and ready to relax!

No comments: