Monday, December 24, 2007

Quiet Contentment

I have been "home alone" for the past two nights as Harold is at the boat. I am feeling guiltily content, being able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it, and being very quiet. Not that I can't do these things when Harold is here, but there is something quite cozy and relaxing about staying up until 12:30, do laundry at my leisure, etc. Nothing much is going on in my life this Christmas. I can't help remembering last Christmas, with the excitement of the children arriving and our trip to Callaway, etc. This year they are at her mother's house in Lake Placid. I am hoping the grandchildren have a classic white Christmas this year: that's the place for it! Of course as one door closes, another opens and I am so happy Nina is back in town. She's having a party tomorrow night (Christmas Eve) and we have plans for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day as well, so my social schedule is by no means empty. Which just makes my solitude all the more welcome. I don't even feel (very) guilty about not sewing. I did wrap all the gifts and made Nina a necklace, so I have accomplished something. And of course I am still playing canasta on the internet for hours each day. Obsessive compulsive---that's me!

No comments: