Thursday, December 20, 2007

Let The Fabric Do The Talking


When I log into Stictcher's Guild (Artisan Square) I am ashamed to upload photos of my work. However, since this is a (semi) private little blog--my online diary, so to speak, here I WILL upload photos because I am, at least, proud of my efforts to get some things accomplished. And I am remembering some of my sewing lessons of the past. On this simple little shirt, I remembered that I used to stitch in the ditch of the shoulder seams to keep the facings down. So something came to mind that I had learned a long time ago. Not quite ready for Alzheimer's yet!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I think your top looks great! You should post your work on SG - I love to see all the wonderful garments people make and I know many other seamstresses that feel the same way. So please don't be intimidated - I look forward to seeing you (and all your work) over there!

Mom2fur said...

I like it! I think you did a very nice job.
I know what you mean about feeling intimidated. I see what others do on different sites or message boards, and cringe to think of my own work--and I've been sewing for over 30 years. The truth is, I do just fine, so long as you don't look at my work with a big magnifying glass. My guess is that most other seamstresses aren't so perfect, either. Although I do have to send you kudos for having such high standards! I'm sure your work is much, much better than you think!

Linda L said...

Your top looks great. This is your blog so you can post whatever! Don't feel intimidated posting at SG, everyone learns from each other.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is a great top and I can see no reason why you wouldn't share it at Stitchers Guild?!