Friday, January 11, 2008

I Love My Library!

I am, and have always been, a compulsive reader and purchaser of books. My working theory is, if I will read the book more than once, it is a "keeper"; all others are given away. However, watching both my budget and the space I have for books, I have rediscovered my county library. It's amazing how well they have done in the computer age. They have a wonderful website, and my library card is now a little plastic tab on my keychain. I just log in and browse all the books in the entire county library system, place a "hold" on the ones I want, and voila! They are sent to my local library and they email me when the books have arrived. I am currently listening to the tape version of "The Devil Wears Prada" in my sewing room; not a book I actually wanted to purchase. It's a little hard to find books on actual tape, which is all I have in the sewing room. Most are now on CDs...I've ordered Lee Child's "Bad Luck and Trouble" on CD. Of course I have a copy but I want to be able to listen and sew...I think I have a portable CD player that came with my car. Harold sneaked it away for his car but has never used it. Note to self: raid his trunk!

No comments: