Sunday, July 27, 2008

More Sewing, Less Posting




I really have been sewing, just not talking about it much. I've been taking a sewing class on Saturdays which involves hauling my machine out of the basement sewing room, up some stairs, and loading it into my car. At the class, we've been concentrating on making a blouse sloper. As we have technically now completed a perfect fit, on my last class day I went ahead and cut out some fashion fabric to make the blouse of. The problem was that during the week I was also sewing a couple of tops. The first one was a total wadder, remind me never to use Butterick patterns again. Fortunately I didn't like the fabric all that much. The second one is almost complete. I think this is my first Burda pattern and it fits well. The problem for me is that it's a very clingy and drapey knit which shows my unfortunate belly. Now that my hair is all gray I am supposed to be at peace with my age. But no. That belly: something MUST be done.

For now I am putting away the almost finished top and going to our friend's vacation home at Lake Arrowhead for a couple of days. It's always tricky to travel with Harold lately. He tires easily, gets very hot or very cold, etc., etc. I hope he has a very good time so we can spend the entire two days away, it will be good for both of us.

No comments: