Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thoughts on Linings

I've had a productive few days on the sewing front. The weather has been cold and rainy, plus Harold hasn't been really at his best. So I've spent my time sewing and on the computer, and reading several novels. These two pairs of pants are my latest creations. The solid grey ones were actually finished before I went to Baltimore, but when I tried them on the lining was sufficiently different from the body of the pants that the fit was uncomfortable. Consulting with Robin (see earlier post) I agreed that the thing to try is a separate pant made out of lining material. So the check pants are also not lined, in order to try out my theory. Now that my serger is back in operation (!!!) I have planned a sweater to go with the check pants. I also finished a litte tee made out of stretch crushed velvet to pay back the girlfriend who cuts my hair. I may try lining pants by basting the pieces with the pants and treating the two fabrics as one, serging the edges of both. I have no idea if that will work better. For some reason, I'd really prefer for the lining to be a complete part of the pants, but the latest attempt does not encourage me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: