Sunday, September 27, 2009

Catching Up

As I mentioned in my last post, I returned from Texas late Thursday night and Sunday was a flood disaster. A poor traveller, I was still jetlagged by the time I had to stay up all Sunday night, bailing water. Yesterday I got four more inches of rain, but thanks to my extremely hard work putting plastic and mulch around the foundation of the house and keeping a very sharp eye on the patio drain, I kept all water out of the house. Today marks a week since the flood, and I am beginning to catch up with my normal life. I'm slowly working on one of the brick walls I am plastering, slowly catching up on normal housework and laundry, and slowly getting the sewing room back in order. Meanwhile my social life continues to improve, as I have added three tennis teams to play on and ballroom dancing practice, as well as playing cards twice a week and dinner out, usually once a week. I'm considering adding a yoga class so I can have a little stretch in those muscles I use for tennis and dancing. (Don't ask, "what muscles?") After the horror story with my house I am seriously considering just buying a condo next time. Then I can travel without worry. I might be on my way to becoming a Merry Widow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your flooded basement. That happened to us in April when we were away and our son and family were keeping a watch on our house. He had it all cleaned up when we got home but I am finding some mold now. Hope you escape that. So glad for you that you stash was up.