Sunday, November 15, 2009

ASG Sewing Retreat


I just spent a wonderful weekend at the Atlanta area ASG First Annual Sewing Retreat. We were in a beautiful state park which featured several cabins and a large meeting hall where we had ample room to set up all our machines, ironing boards, cutting boards, etc. There were about 25 attendees, which was small enough to get to know everyone fairly well and several very well. I arrived with 2 garments already cut out, which I managed to complete, and the patterns and fabric for two more--I was overly ambitious. But what a lot of fun, laughter, jokes, and above all, camaraderie we had. I'm looking forward to next year's retreat, already in the planning stages. We refer to ourselves as the "legacy" group, so should be assured a space!

No comments: