Sunday, June 27, 2010

Couture Sewing Group


 I was invited to attend a meeting of a couture sewing group, which was very interesting.  The ladies are in the middle of a challenge to make a vest, using couture techniques.  They were fittting muslins.  It's fairly typical of me that I was more taken by the architecture of the building where they met (a mid-century modern Episcopal church) than I was by the muslins---I love mid-century modern and don't like vests.  I might decide to attend that church based solely on the building, but that may have been an underlying reason to build all those rococco cathedrals!  The second picture is of a field trip we made to a design studio where the owner makes her own buttons.  Awesome!  I brought home quite a stash to add to the ones I bought at Expo and still haven't used.  In other news, I bought a new car!  But I'll leave that for a future post.  I certainly had an eventful day.

1 comment:

a little sewing said...

I like mid-century modern buildings, too. I would have been checking out the building with you. I am not much for vests, either :)