Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wadder

It's really not too often that I give up on a pattern, but I did today.  I looked online to post a picture, but couldn't find the right dress.  The neckline/shoulder attachment defeated me, and I decided I absolutely hated the fabric (purchased online so I didn't realize how flimsy it was).  Life is too short to fuss with an ugly piece of fabric and incomprehensible instructions.  The good news is, the recent issue of Threads magazine has a timely piece by Kenneth King, reminding me to rotate a dart pinched out of a too-large armscye.   This tweak should make the Loes Hines tunic top absolutely perfect, and I have a gorgeous piece of fabric on my cutting table.  Of course, the way things happen, the gorgeous fabric was even better than I expected, and from the same online source as the horrible fabric.  C'est la vie.

No comments: