Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Basewear Tee Modified

I'm working on perfecting the Basewear tee before I cut into my expensive fabric to make a top for dances. This time I made it with a scoop neck and got a little too enthusiastic with my French curve...it sags a little. So I've pinched out the pattern of the neckline a little for the next effort. I stabilized the neckline with clear elastic to help out a little, then happened upon this embellishment I picked up at the Apparel Mart. It will be fine for wearing out for casual events. In other news, a good friend told me today that she's lost her job as a mortgage broker and wants to fall back into her true love, teaching sewing. She lives in a two bedroom, second floor condo so I immediately offered my detached outbuilding, which is huge, heated, and practically empty. I never go out there as my dear Harold used it as his getaway and there is simply nothing there for me. Then I've had second thoughts, as in, what if someone was injured on my property? On the other hand, I'd probably get free lessons...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: