Sunday, January 9, 2011

One Plaid Skirt

I love plaids, all kinds, all fabrics. So when I saw a gorgeous silk dupioni plaid for sale at Fabric Mart, I jumped on it. However, when it arrived it became one of those fabrics that I'm afraid of. It's too gorgeous to make a mistake with! Later in the week I saw this pink taffeta at JoAnn's. I circled the store telling myself that I did NOT need more fabric, but I also had a 40% off coupon, so of course here it is. It's a muslin for the REAL plaid skirt I want to make. This one had no pattern, I simply pleated it at the waist, cut it at my measurement, and inserted a zipper and waistband. I haven't even tried it on yet, as I'm reluctant to take off the uber warm clothes that I'm wearing in anticipation of the coming ice storm that they're predicting for Atlanta tonight and tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: