Monday, June 20, 2011

Bodice Back

I've been working on the back of my SureFit Designs bodice.  I noticed the anomaly on my muslin but thought it might have been caused by my sewing of the side seams, which were a little different than usual due to the large dart from a full bust adjustment.  That was not the case.  I still have issues with the fit of the back, which I will address next by increasing the size and length of the darts in the back.  Still, the fit is good and the neck and armscye problems that I had with the muslin have gone away by turning down and stiching on the stiching line.  I will deal with facings in a future version, but for now I'm going to whip up a pair of shorts of this same fabric and have a little outfit to wear on vacation.  I'm pleased so far, and now just have to fit the skirt to have a good sheath dress.  Then I'll have both a princess seamed sheath and a dart fitted sheath to choose from.  I'm building my TNT stash!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: