Saturday, April 14, 2012

Summer Cold


It's been a few days since I've sewn anything. I seem to have picked up a summer cold, or maybe it's just because I'm getting old. I keep watching myself for signs of old age...what's up with that? All I have to do is look in the mirror. It's true that in your heart you are always 17, but then some days I never want to get out of my pyjamas. That didn't happen when I really was 17! Anyway, I haven't wanted to make the trek down to my sewing room...all of what, 20 steps? So I've been sitting at my computer reading sewing blogs, looking at fabric sites, and pattern companies. Despite my self-imposed no fabric purchase diet, I realized I had not committed myself to a no pattern purchase diet, and therefore ordered this Colette pattern. It's called the "Lilly" and I think it's super cute. Fortunately for me the signs of aging do not yet include a wrinkled upper chest, and I think that my upper arms, while certainly larger than I like, don't flap like batwings. I'm hopeful that the princess seams will make fitting easy and this one time the upper chest measurement will work for me (perhaps I'll even take the step of flat pattern measurement prior to cutting out? How unique an approach!)

No comments: