Saturday, June 9, 2012

Black, Pink, White Dress

We went to a dance tonight and I was able to wear my new dress. Again, it's the SureFit Designs bodice (with sleeves) and a different skirt. The bodice is still a shade too long, but I've altered the pattern. I'm working on yet another version of the dress, this time in a silver grey silky poly that I bought at a fabric warehouse of upholstry and curtain fabrics...I'm pretty sure I'm playing Scarlett O'Hara and wearing curtains. But it's pretty and just the right amount of dressy for a wedding. Almost finished with that one...I'm working on an actual belt for it, and it has eight gores. The belt is to hide the meeting of the bodice with all those gores, plus it will be great for dancing. In a certain amount of overkill, I added godets to all the gores. Swishy for dancing, plus I hope it detracts from my waistline. We'll see when I post a picture. For some reason, a picture resonates with me far more than a look in a mirror.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

That is a really pretty dress. Carole. It is a very flattering style and the colors look great on you.