Saturday, August 25, 2012

I knew it would happen eventually...



I'm working on the Vogue cowl neck top that I really liked. The fabric is a "what was I thinking?" poly, possibly from a mystery bundle because I don't believe I would have voluntarily purchased it. I wore it to my Couture Sewing Group today to have them evaluate the silhouette and suggest improvements. They all had wonderful suggestions, so isn't it nice to have friends who are both truthful and know what they are talking about?
And about the title...
I ran into the two friends with whom I've had a falling out. We're all dancers, and while I've taken care to avoid the dances they were known to frequent, we were all at a "neutral location" last night. One, who is famously the most friendly, didn't come over or speak to me. But the other one did. She started off by apologizing and I was able to tell her my side of the story, as it happened to me...I think I made some salient points that she had not considered. So she said that she loved me and we have to have lunch and get this all aired out. She told me she was out of the loop when decisions were made...I know this is a lie and she was the one driving the decisions because she was mad at me at the time. But should I consider this a little white lie and accept the apology? I think I'm willing to forgive. But not to forget, I'm not that much of an angel (very far from it!) Interestingly, the other lady who did not come over...I sent a man friend to dance with her. I've been wanting them to meet, as he is charming and willing to learn to dance, just what she likes in a man. She danced with him several times and I made sure he told her it was I who pointed him in her direction.

No comments: