Sunday, September 2, 2012

Red Cowl Neck Top


When I make something, I generally make two or three in a row. This is partly so I get the construction firmly in my brain, and partly because I usually tweak the pattern a little bit. This is my second attempt at the Vogue cowl neck top, and surprisingly, it fit with just a little alteration in the length. I noticed in the picture I have a hanging thread, so that's already been snipped off. This fabric came from Fabric.com and I've had it for a year or so. It's a silk/cotton with absolutely gorgeous colors, I have another piece in teal. I may have to prowl the Fabric.com site to see if they still carry the fabric, but today I ordered a beautiful (I hope) clear red wool from Mood Fabrics, so enough already on the budget. I plan to make the cowl neck pattern again in pink, to match a purchased dance skirt that I've been unable to wear due to no matching top. I just hope I get it finished before it's too late in the year to wear the outfit. But meanwhile I've moved on to a Butterick dress, more on that later...I have high hopes for now, but I'm using a pretty ugly dark brown knit for the muslin. What was I thinking when I bought that fabric? But it may turn out to be a workhorse dress. Sometimes that happens. I've always been a "glass half full" kinda gal.

No comments: