Friday, August 3, 2012

The "Other" Dress


I made two dresses to take to wear to the wedding, and of course ending up wearing the grey "silk"-ish one. This was in a much more expensive fabric, purchased from Gorgeous Fabrics (I think! My mind is getting older along with my body...) But both dresses will also serve me very well in my dancing hobby. There's a "luau" next Friday night that I might wear this one to. It's been a week since I returned from my trip to Austin and I'm finally getting back to my normal routine. I watched "Project Runway" last night in my sewing room and am cutting out a new dance dress from very inexpensive fabric I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I was amazed to find some cute cottons there last month as usually they only have lots of fleece and quilting cottons. I'll post a picture of the progress later on. I don't even finish the seams of some of these dresses because I will only wear them a few times. I pick such bold prints that they are very memorable! But in other exciting news, Henry and I signed up for a dance cruise yesterday! This will combine two of my favorite things, travelling and dancing, and for one of the few times in my life I will have a companion along who is an excellent dancer. The cruise will have more than twenty dancers in the group plus a wonderful instructor who will give lessons and we will have some private dances as well. Whoo hoo! This almost makes up for my recent really nasty experience with my two (former) best pals, and I know that's why Henry agreed to go on this event.

No comments: