Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Sewing

It's a family tradition that I help supply the grandkid's Halloween costumes.  This year DGD wanted to be a cat.  I rummaged in my closet and found a fancy jacket that I picked up at a thrift store for probably $5, way too big for me, but with the thought that it might come in handy one Halloween!  I cut the back of the jacket and made a little skirt for her.  Then I added a cat's tail, stiffened with a wire coat hanger and sewed into the convenient pocket.  I broke three needles sewing this thing, but I think it's going to be cute on her. 

I also finished my StyleArc "Gorgeous Gore" skirt with a matching tee and fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics.  Obviously I'll call it my "Gorgeous" outfit.  I'll wait to model it before I post a picture.  We're probably going dancing Friday, so I'll wait until then.

No comments: