Monday, December 10, 2012

Camera woes

I've lost the charger for my camera battery.  I'm in the midst of making a new outfit and I'm pretty proud of myself because I'm using a new technique.  For example, I, the knit queen, am using a woven.  And not just any woven, but a very ravelly wool blend check.  For the skirt, I am using the good old six gore TNT and serged those seams.  But I thought the seams would be too bulky for the top, so I am lining the top using a technique for faux French seams...stitching the lining and fashion fabric right sides together, turning them and pressing the heck out of them, then assembling them as one piece.  I'd love to show you a picture...BUT the camera battery is dead.  I'm also in the midst of drafting my very own Peter Pan collar from scratch for this little unit, using this very expensive book that I bought in hopes that it will improve my sewing.

 
I am going to get a new charger---hopefully tomorrow---and since the outfit won't be finished I'll hurry down to the sewing room and snap some pics.  Meanwhile, this is what we did yesterday.  I wonder why I'm so tired today?
 
 

No comments: