Sunday, June 29, 2014

Family Visit

My son, grandson, and granddaughter came to visit today.  I am, of course, trying to get my granddaughter interested in sewing.  She didn't want to try to make a skirt, but was willing to try a teddy bear.  We downloaded a simple free pattern, got some Minky out of my stash, and set to it.  She sewed one seam and I finished the rest.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures.  But it was recognizably a Teddy Bear and she did sew one seam, so I count it as a win.



2 comments:

coco said...

Yea! I think my daughter started with one seam :-)also her last. She does knit, though. She's left handed, gave up on my trying to teach her and got a left handed teach-yourself kit from Red Heart.

PoldaPop said...

Yes! Who knows where that one seam will lead?? I'm always surprised at how excited kids are to make stuffed animals, even into their teens . . .