Saturday, June 9, 2018

Goodness, what a hiatus!  It's been almost two years and of course life has intervened in my interest in a sewing blog of any kind. I have sold my house, moved to Florida, and started a while new life -which necessitates a whole new wardrobe. Hence the startup of my old blog.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures since in the move I lost my camera, I'm sure it's around somewhere. I might try to use my phone, but don't think it will take very good pictures. That's all right since my sewing hasn't improved much either!  Mostly I'm making shorts and tops. Being a sewer, you just know that has to be more interesting than "just" a pair of shorts and top.  So far I've made a couple of outfits using Style Arc's "Daisy" tunic, shortened to wear with Bermuda length shorts.

I've also lengthened it to dress length. That one I made in polyester and quickly realized polyester is no longer part of my life here in Florida, but the practice was worth it and I'll sew it again in linen. It's a great pattern, no zippers, buttons or closures. The shoulders and bust darts are perfect for my body structure. Thanks, Chloe!


No comments: