Sunday, December 3, 2006

Bummer Day


My gorgeous and warm, wonderful sister called me Friday night with the worst possible news, she has cancer. They will be removing one kidney and so far she is pretty upbeat about the whole thing but I have really been miserable. She's the only sibling I have and both our parents are dead, so I need to hold on to her. I have been obsessing about what I can do and of course turned to sewing...I am going to make her one of my "around the house" outfits out of her favorite color, lavender, and I went to JoAnn's for the softest, lightest microfleece I could find. Maybe she will find a little pleasure in it when she is recuperating. Right now we don't know if the surgery will be scheduled for before or after Christmas, because everyone persuaded her to get a second opinion (duh) and so we wait and see......

No comments: