Sunday, May 18, 2008

Upholstry Jacket



I bought this fabric last year in Myrtle Beach. I was at the height of my frenzy for fabric shopping and went to seven stores in Myrtle Beach. All were home dec fabrics, absolutely no garment fabric! So I bought a couple of pieces of upholstry fabric. This is pretty lightweight, so I decided to take another run at what I hope will be a TNT jacket for me. I am having some issues with the facings and may have to cut another one...I think I have enough fabric. I just hope the finished piece doesn't make me look like a sofa! I was lucky enough to find some pale celery linen blend at Textile Fabrics in Nashville that will go with the jacket. I also shopped the stash and found a nice paisley for a top that will go with celery pants, plus will go with the "berry" pants from the June capsule wardrobe. So I am satisfied that at long last I am beginning to plan capsule wardrobe pieces instead of random garments from fabric that catches my eye.

No comments: